The CalArts School of Theater presents the stage play The Great Gatsby, based on the F. Scott Fitzgerald novel of the same name. Performances are Thursday, April 28 through Saturday, April 30 at 8 pm, along with a matinee at 2 pm on Saturday.
Directed by Tina Kronis, the artistic director of Theater Movement Bazaar, this adaptation of the classic is rooted in movement and explores economic inequities through a Roaring Twenties party scene.
The show features current students from the BFA and MFA Acting Program at CalArts. The cast includes Harry Golby, Joe Groth, Sawyer Shine, Faryn Thomure, Amelia Whitney, Shelby Ryan Lee, Rory James Leech, Rohan Cutlip, Anthony Hernandez, Magdalene Taylor, Marie Sadd, Aaron Zucker, Olivia Mae Fogel, Jason Pollak, Sophia Gabrinetti, MC Smitherman, Ling Chang, Jonas Roush, and Kyle DiGiorgio.
The creative team includes the following CalArtians:
- Harlan Epstein: Dramaturg
- Woori Kim: Scenic designer
- Emma Grace Eisenmann: Costume designer
- W. Alejandro Melendez: Lighting designer
- Charles Glaudini: Sound designer
- Ying Xin: Sound designer
- Ben Conway: Asst. scenic designer
- Alexandra Yasuda: Scenic team staff
- Karen Ayala: Asst. costume designer
- Ella Fornof: Asst. lighting designer
- Rhea Iyer: Graphic designer
- Alexa Orovitz: Producer
- Marissa Jacobo-Correa: Stage manager
- Arson Kim: Asst. stage manager
- Winky Kim: Asst. stage manager
- Jordie Marie Rippon: Company stage manager
- Cassy Sottile: Asst. Company stage manager
- School of Theater faculty Chris Swetcky: Production manager
- Percent Han: Associate production supervisor
- Samuel Dubois: Technical director
- Donghyun Kim: Technical director
- Jack Cannon: Master electrician
- Miles Karraa: Asst. master electrician
Tickets are $10 and $2 for students with ID using the code GatsbyStudent.